Friday, February 22, 2008

Are Computers a growing problem?

So I suppose to do this project for school about recycling computers. Basically a lot of new "green" technology going around so I thought this topic seemed appropriate. I imagined from experience, that this project would be easy.

Its relatively an idea I have not really thought about. Computer taking up space in a county landfill...hmm interesting concept. So as I researched I have found that they actually take up a good portion of the technological waste corrupting the world.

Who would think to throw away a computer? I mean all the left over parts that can be used, its insane! Yet some people do this. Also, look at the amount of information you leave in your harddrive. Do you know what happens to it? Hopefully some hacked doesn't find it and get your goods.

Turns out that there are many companies online and in the phone book that will come and destroy this information and computer waste for you. Then rid you of the pieces so you don't have to worry about clean up either. I can see that this may become a HUGE market in up coming years with demand and availability sky rocketing. At least I can assume.
Colby

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
 
Copyright Colby Butler 2008 All Rights Reserved